Sunday, June 12, 2011

I'm Going for a Walk

Not the after dinner kind. [Bad Religion reference. Dig that band.]

Yesterday was the 14 mile Davenport Downwinder race. From all reports, it was an amazing race. Craig Waltz, the Silverback, apparently won it all on his unlimited board. Second was Kyle Power and third was George Plsek, also both on UL boards. Coming in just behind them was Pete Stirling on his UL.  Great job, all!

The 14' class was led by none other than Harbor Rat Nick B -- awesome work, Nick! There's nothing like racing when it's just flat out fun. Second was a Santa Cruzer named John Shliber and third was Harbor Rat Adam Maingot. Great work as well, fellas!

Stock class (12' boards) was won by Hogan Kania, a friend of mine from the Bay area.  Hogan! Beyond that, I heard Harbor Rat Sam Mackie & Santa Cruzer Greg Ford tied for third.

So, while these guys were digging the stellar downwind conditions, I did the one thing I can still do, albeit slowly:  I went on a walk.

More Mesa.

The Good Land.
This guy wasn't budging for anyone.  He thought he was camouflaged.
And this guy was just giving me stink eye.
I was a curiosity to the animals.  This Dragonfly buzzed me a few times.

Goose fly by.  Apparently the surf wasn't sufficient for the geese today.
(see post just before this one)

Couple of flying rats (also known as pigeons).
I almost stepped on this guy. 
On the walk back, the swallows started buzzing right by me.
 Well, it's not quite paddling or surfing, but I'll be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment