Update on the 'Deja Vu All Over Again' post: My back is doing better-ish and I'm taking a lot of drugs right now to keep the pain down and the stoke up, but just got word from the doc about the Akolu race this weekend: "Emphatically no, Steve."
I might start paddling again some time next week. I can only hope.
In the meantime, I leave you with two thoughts:
1. A Random Peppering.
This had me laughing hysterically -- and I don't think it was because of the drugs, although you might disagree:
2. Sally Can't Dance. [If you know what I'm referring to, it means you're at least 35 years old.]
I recently saw a board which impressed me a great deal. The back story here is that I've often thought a P-40 Warhawk style shark's mouth would look cool on a board. Not that I'm a war monger kind of person. That I ain't. However, it just looks really cool to me. (Maybe I watched that Robert Conrad show Blacksheep Squadron a bit too much as a kid. Whoa, a second old guy reference -- my apologies.) I'm referring to this:
The problem is, up until last Tuesday I had never seen it done right. Whenever I'd seen it attempted, it usually looked far too 'forced' or just drawn plain old wrong. Then I saw this one the other night:
Not sure who's board it was, but this is impressive. I don't think I can pull this off anymore, but to the owner of this board I must say: Well done.
Here's to getting healthy soon!




No comments:
Post a Comment