Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Dolphins & Checking In

I'll check in, first.  Doing okay.  Headaches & doing nada are taking their own mental toll.  Getting back to some physical activity and real work will really help. Yesterday afternoon the doctor gave me the 'green light' to start walking, again. Thank goodness! P.T. will begin in 3 more weeks. I can go in the water again in another 4. I cannot wait. Today, as an example, driving by the coast I spotted a mylar balloon in a kelp bed about 1/2 mile out. I wanted nothing more than to paddle out and grab that balloon, but couldn't. Hate that sight and this feeling of powerlessness. It'll be gone soon! Grrrrr....

Okay, now to the real fun.  The following are some videos from Fred S. sent to me when I was supposed to be working.*  The first one he sent was on June 24, 2011.  The subject line of Fred's email read:  Work today.

Damn.  That's a great place to work.

The video that kicked it off:

Dolphins 6/24/11 off Pt Fermin from Steve Shlens on Vimeo.



After getting this, I sent an email to Fred asking if I could post it. Sure, he said. Then he mentioned that he had a few others. I asked him to forward those along. Here's one from April 1st, 2011:

Dolphins 4/1/11 off of Pt Fermin from Steve Shlens on Vimeo.




*Editorial comment: "Supposed to be working" does not refer to my ditching work. To the contrary, I was missing work. I couldn't work because of my back.

No comments:

Post a Comment