Friday, November 11, 2011

Riding Big Waves

From Chris Dixon:

So last week, I had the enormous honor of being asked to speak and show a photo and video presentation from the Ghost Wave project at Google HQ in Mountain View. Fricking fascinating place. Nothing more so than this huge surround you Google Earth exhibit that had Greg Long in particular, utterly slackjawed.

Thankfully, a cast of suspects came too - Jeff Clark, Skindog, Greg, and photogs Jason Murray, Rob Brown and my lovely wife Quinn. If you have an hour to kill, give it a click. If you don't, fast forward past my rambling and get to the Q&A that starts right at one hour and be highly entertained by the guys who made the book possible. Or if you only have a few minutes, fast forward to about 1:12:00 and watch the exchange on tow versus paddle surfing and an explanation of the different boards - Skindog pointing at both paddle boards: "That's Greg Long's board - that's my board. Greg Long has a supermodel - super sexy, super thin. I got a big fat chick over here. I find out they feel way better..."
I can't thank everyone enough.







I loved this, Chris. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment