People seem to think that naturally gifted athletes win just because of their gift. They don't. As with anyone else, they have to work to achieve. Yes... at the right moment they do have a leg up. But, to somewhat misuse a good saying: Success is when preparation meets opportunity.
You don't become the best by resting on your laurels. You train hard and you earn it.*
I must admit, I wasn't sure I'd post this up. It gives away a secret: That is, training pays off. I'd rather my competition not know that... but given that I'm not a competitor right now, nor will I be until 2012, I figured I could let it slip this once.
KITV News blurb: http://youtu.be/WAlq8qP3sS0
Once again: WELL DONE, JM.
*I'm not a Quiksilver shill, like I was in the late 80's. But this deserves to be seen and appreciated.
No comments:
Post a Comment