Monday, February 4, 2013

Honored.

I did the Catalina Classic Paddleboard Marathon last August and was fortunate enough to have had a good race.  It went well and I was very happy with the outcome.  [Post link:  CLICK HERE.]

Nick B. took some amazing photographs during the race, one of which included this one (my favorite) that he captioned:  Spent.


To me, this picture exemplifies how everyone feels when their race is over.  Not just this race, but any race whether it be one hundred yards or one hundred miles.  It captured a moment that is not often told or shown, that moment of release when you've left everything you had out there and the race is over.

The other day, entirely out of the blue, a local artist whom I will refer to only as SS, sent me this:


I was/am/remain blown away, awed, and honored.  It's an iphone pic so not of the highest quality, but I just cannot express enough gratitude to this amazingly gifted artist for this.

As the title of this entry states:  Honored.

No comments:

Post a Comment