Friday, January 18, 2013

SBOCC Return to the Pier: Race Photos & Mini Recap.


The SBOCC Return to the Pier Race was last Saturday, January 12.  It was the first event of the New Year.  It went well and was a lot of fun. It was also my first time really being on my board since Catalina!  Good times.

[Most photos courtesy Cody Silvester.]

COLD morning in SB.
Brutally cold.


When I left my house, it was 32 degrees.
I'm serious.
For those living in Celsius lands, that's 0 degrees C.
(Photo courtesy by iphone.)



At the time of the race, I would estimate it as being 36 degrees.
Yow!
The estimate is because this was taken the next morning, at the time the race started.
Notably, by the end of the race, it was sunny and around 50 degrees.
(photo courtesy my iphone)
Psyching up to get in the water.
(photo courtesy Maire Radis)

Getting ready for the start.

We took off from the Harbor, went down about 2 to 2-1/2 miles, then swung around and fired back.  Usually this race goes up from the Harbor, but due to the prevailing winds that morning the race went in a different course direction.  It was an excellent decision by the SBOCC.


Coming into the finish.  Going to knees.
Working on technique.

Working on stroke technique at the finish.
Don't think I didn't know the camera was there.
Yes... I'm shameless.

Post race BS'ing with Woody & Mike.


Post-Race photo with Matt Becker, the SUP winner.
(photo courtesy Martha Becker)


No comments:

Post a Comment