![]() |
| http://www.molokai2oahu.com/ |
![]() |
| April to May of 2011, prepping for the race. |
And then the wheels fell off the bus.
I tweaked my back badly while training at the gym, had to undergo surgery, and as of writing this I'm still not back in the water. Today I was told I need to wait at least another week before I can get back in the water.
![]() |
| Nick, pre-race pensive. |
This Sunday is the Molokai to Oahu paddleboard race. 32 miles across the Ka'iwi channel. The race of all races if you paddleboard. The one that defines us. The one I will do in 2012.
![]() |
| Kalua Koi, from the water. |
This Sunday, Jamie Mitchell is going for 10 straight victories in this race. Jeff Denholm is looking to set a personal best. Joel Pepper is looking to escape California for a day on the water going downwind. Jack Bark is looking to turn the paddling world on its head with the help of Mikey Cote. Morgan Hoesterey is looking to change the name at the top of the women's standings. The names, the challenges, and the adventures lay ahead. I am jealous but also proud of everyone involved.
![]() |
| Here I am passing the Wall last year. |
To those competing this year, good luck and God speed. May the wind be at your back throughout.





No comments:
Post a Comment