Tuesday, March 15, 2011

It's Tuesday Morning and My Feet Still Hurt.

I spent the weekend on beautfiul Catalina Island with friends and took part in the Catalina Marathon.  I say took part because I didn't run it.  I walked, hiked, and occassionally jogged.  Truth be told, it was a fantastic experience and I saw parts of Catalina I'd never seen in 35 plus years of visting there.  Passed a few buffalo, saw Middle Ranch in all its glory, and had a great times with friends. 

A portion of the crew, at the start:
(L-R) Natalie, Nick, Me, Charlie, Jack, Joel, Heather & Joe

At the finish:
Me, Jack & Natalie

CLICK HERE: Cool Link to Photos from a fellow racer named Jake Rome.

Nick and I hiked, while Joel and Heather ran ahead.  Joel and Heather trained; Nick and I did this "off the couch," as they say.  Stupid stupid stupid.  Congrats to all from Team Bark and friends of Team Bark who competed and enjoyed the weekend, with a special thanks to Theresa and the Foote family for spoiling us with food and company. 

Speaking of stupid stupid stupid:  I will do this next year.  I might even train!

My feet still hurt.

-Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment